Saturday, August 17, 2019

When HMT Sona spoke to me



The charm of this watch is beyond definition. Not every watch has people rooting for it for generations. Initially when I bought this watch I kept it in my collection as a possession. Never to be worn as I thought it was not something that I could carry with elan.
Then one day the adventurer side of my watch collector personality overpowered my neural intelligence and I ended up with the golden Sona on my wrist. I clearly remember wearing it with a white shirt. I kept it kidnapped under the cuff of my shirt but such is it's aura that it kept oozing out of its confinements.

People who follow my choice of watches every day were quick to observe. "Hey buddy what are you hiding there ?". "Nothing man".."hey guys looks like a special day he is wearing a very special watch." "Ok guys" said I as I gave up " it's a gold plated watch, HMT SONA.. happy now" said I as if I had committed a crime. "Dude!! you know what my father had this watch. It looks super cool. Can you help me get him one". Pretty soon my watch was showered with appreciation. I looked at the watch and she glowed back at me. I heard her say.." you don't carry me off, its the other way round sonny". I smiled back..

No comments: